2020 YEAR PLAN
THEME: BEING A DISCIPLE OF JESUS
THEME FOCUS TEXT: JOHN 8:31 – 32 “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32 NKJV)
“Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”” (John 8:31-32 NLT)
TOPICS TO COVER:
1. INTRODUCTION: JESUS CALLS EVERY BELIEVER TO BE HIS DISCIPLE. (Matt. 28:16-20)
2. Who Is A Disciple? (One that learns from another person and follows the person’s teaching.)
3. What Disciple is not.
4. What does a Christian disciple do?
• FOLLOW JESUS
• THINK LIKE JESUS
• LIVE LIKE JESUS
• ACT LIKE JESUS
• OBEY JESUS
• LED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
• BELIEVE IN THE ENTIRE WORD OF GOD – BIBLE
• BELIEVES THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO SALVATION.
1. How does he follow Jesus? Listen to Him = Love to listen to His word, Enjoy reading His word, Believe his word, learn lessons from His word (HIs WORD is Him speaking. He is in His Word. So his word is the truth. Believes His word. Refuse to accept anything that disagrees with HIs word.
2. Learns lessons from the word of God for building up and enjoying his own life. e.g.:
3. Lessons from the the life of: DORCAS (ACTS 9:36-43); DANIEL (DANIEL 1:1-21); CAIN AND ABEL (GENESIS 4:1-12); THE TEN LEPERS (LUKE 17:11-19); THE TEN VIRGINS (MATTHEW 25: 1-13 ) THE UNFORGIVING SERVANT (MATTHEW 18:21-35); THE 3 HEBREW BOYS (DANIEL 3: 1-30); PARABLE OF THE PRODIGAL (LOST SON) (LUKE 15:11-24); WITH THE LITTLE BOY’S PACKED LUNCH, JESUS FED FIVE THOUSANDS (MATTHEW 14:15-21; MARK 6:30-34); HOW MUCH JESUS LOVES US: JESUS CAME TO BETHLEHEM, THE NATIVITY (MATTHEW 1:26-38) and JESUS WENT TO THE CROSS FOR US: HIS DEATH and RESURRECTION (JOHN 18:1 – 20:!-30)
4. OTHER ACTIVITIES AND RESOURCES: (ALL LESSONS AND ACTIVITIES ARE TAILORED TO THE AGE OF CHILDREN. There will also be lots of Learning through Play Activities for the very young members.)
• MEMORY VERSES GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
• LESSON RELATED CREATIVE AND WRITTEN WORK
• MAKING PICTURES
• BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION
• MOVIES AND VIDEO
• ACTION SONGS AND DANCES
• OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
• GROUP ACTIVITIES AND GAMES
• OCTOBER HALLELLUJAH PRAISE IN LIEU OF ……
• REVISION EXERCISES AND MEMORY VERSE COMPETITION
• CAROL SINGING