Complement of the season. May your year 2021 be filled with peace, joy, contentment success, divine health and fruitfulness IJNA.
Below is our Planned Theme Focus for the year 2021.
Please have prayerful and thorough look at it and let me have your comments or suggestions by the 2nd of January so we can finalize the plan and get ready for our first meeting on Sunday the 10th of January 2021.
Discipleship Group: OUR PLNNED GOAL FOR YEAR 2021
FOCUS THEME: A Disciple Obeys His Master.
Key Scripture: John 14:21 “Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who loves me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.” NLT
Supporting Scripture: John 15:10 “ When you obey my commandments, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father’s commandments and remain in His love” NLT
- Our Starting Point: (a) Identify and consider the key words in the two scriptures. (Yes, Love. Obeying God means showing that we love and are grateful to Him. (b) Yes, the second word is, obey. Obedience keep you in the love of God.)
- In clear terms, Jesus is telling us that we have to accept, ie, agree with His commandments/ instructions and then obey them, in order to show that you love Him and be able to remain in His love. In that way, you’ll be following His example of obedience to the Father. You will then be able to enjoy the love of both the Father and His Son Jesus. Not only that, you will get to know them well by Revelation. That is, they will help you to understand them and how they work in you and for you personally.
- Then, consider Obedience what it means: (It is submitting yourself to somebody’s request or command.)
- What does the Bible say about obedience? Eg: (a) It is important to obey God. (Genesis 17:9) Consider/discuss Why? (b) Obey with your whole heart. (Deuteronomy 32:46) (c) There’s price for obedience: (Joshua 1:8, Jeremiah 7:23, Exodus 15:26; 28:1-14, 1 John 3:22.) (d) It is better to obey than to make a sacrifice/excuses. (1 Samuel 15:22) (e) Obedience secures your entrance to God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 7:21) (f) it is a commanded duty. (Acts 5:29)
- What are we to obey? Ie. What are the things God instructed us to obey/do/not do, in His word? LOADS. But we will look at some of them. Eg. 10 commandments: (a) How the commandments relate to Him and what we do; (b) How the commandments relate to others in the Old and New Testaments. How we obey Him in applying them. (C) The way we can know and obey God through His Word: What He says about different things; (d) How He deals with people; What He’s done for people/us; How we can enjoy what He has done and given to us. (Eg Why He came, what He did, what our response should be; Where He is and how He’s relating with us now – His promises – The Holy Spirit. (John 14;15;16)
- Take a look at examples of and discuss those who have obeyed God with a view for learning obedience from them and avoiding their disobedience and consequences: Noah, Abraham, Bazaleel, Moses, Joshua, Mary, Joseph, Paul.
- What He expects of us- (a) Some parables that instructs us. (b) Our response in obedience at every point in our focused Topic. (c) Relevant Memory Verses; (d) Quizzes, Games; (e) Discussions and how we participate.
Signed: MI. (for DG – Discipleship Group)
Serving God by serving you
Zoom joining details:
Every Sunday at 3.00pm (UK Time)